- Address Request Application (PDF)
- Certificate of Compliance Seasonal Sales Permit (PDF)
- Certificate of Zoning Compliance (PDF)
- Conditional Zoning Amendment Application (PDF)
- Conditional Zoning Amendment Pre-Application Meeting (PDF)
- Detention Basin Planting Guidelines (PDF)
- Future Land Use Amendment Application (PDF)
- Land Record Change Application (PDF)
- Planned Development District Review Application (PDF)
- Planning Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Property Split Combination Application (PDF)
- Request for Pre-Application Meeting for a Proposed Planned Development District (PDF)
- Request for Variance Application (PDF)
- Site Plan Review Application and Submittal Check List (PDF)
- Special Land Use Application (PDF)
- Subdivision Plat Review Application (PDF)
- Tree Removal Application (PDF)
- Zoning Amendment Application (PDF)
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application (PDF)
- Zoning Confirmation Letter Request (PDF)
- Zoning Text Amendment Application (PDF)
Planning Services is a Division of the Municipal Services Department. Responsibilities include:
- Long-range land use planning
- Zoning code administration
- Review and approval of new Condominiums and Subdivisions.
- Working closely with the Planning Commission and Township Board to shape and define the vision of the community. Planning also assists in economic development activities by facilitation new business and industry through management and the development review process.
- Site Plan Review of commercial, industrial and multiple-family residential sites.
Comprehensive Land Use Plan
The Comprehensive Plan is a general, long-range "blue-print" for development which promotes high-quality orderly growth for Canton Township.
Zoning and Development Regulations
Canton's Zoning Ordinance regulates the use of land and structures and provides for the regulation of land development and the establishment of districts. The Condominium and Subdivision ordinances regulate the development of new subdivisions and site Condominiums.
- Code of Ordinances
- Zoning Ordinance, Appendix A
- Condominium Ordinance, Chapter 82
- Subdivision Ordinance, Chapter 110
- Zoning Map
Planning Services is responsible for ensuring compliance with the landscape plan for developments throughout the construction process.
- A plan typically includes all common areas, entryways, berms, and detention pond landscaping.
- Street trees in front of residential property are the homeowners responsibility to maintain and/or replace if necessary.
- The common elements of residential developments become the responsibility of the homeowner association to maintain.