Camp Withdrawal Form: If you are unable to attend summer camp please refer to the Camp Withdrawal Form for the guidelines to remove your child from camp. All forms must be completed by the participant's parent or guardian and submitted to the Summit on the Park front desk or emailed to the summer camp supervisor. If you have any questions please call 734/394-5460.
Rates & Dates
- $176 Summit Member (child must be listed on Summit Family Membership at the time of registration)
- $196 Canton Resident
- $255 Non-Canton Resident
- $30 Deposit per child, per week
- 3 Easy Payments, charged June 1, July 1 and August 1
- $30 Cancellation fee per child per week
- Must be submitted 14 days prior to be considered
- June 20 - August 26, 2015
- Week of Aug 22 - 26 will have limited space available
- May 15, 2016: Health Appraisal Form - MUST be completed and returned to the Summit on the Park in order to be eligible for participation in Camp Canton.
- June 10, 2016 5:30 - 7:30 pm: Camp Open House -Stop on by to meet the staff, pick up your Emergency Card, camp t-shirt and take a tour of camp!
Know someone who would be a great camp counselor? Our summer jobs will be posted online mid-January for jobs starting in May and June.
Mr. Billy – Camp Director
Billy Keppen is returning in 2016 for his sixth summer with Camp Canton and his third as Camp Director. Billy graduated from Eastern Michigan University with his bachelor's degree in education in April 2015. Billy now attends the University of Toledo where he is working on his master's degree in Recreation and Leisure Studies. When he's not at camp, you can find Billy on the golf course, watching the Detroit Tigers, or playing with his puggle named Dave.
Day Camp Counselors
We are looking for great staff to work at Camp Canton! Jobs are currently posted with the first round of interviews taking place March 5. Camp Canton begins training in late May.
Camp Doors Open
Board games, coloring & small activites
|8:30 am||Group Games||Summit Gym or Studio A|
|10 am||Outdoor Time
(Outdoor time is weather permitting)
|North or South Pavilion|
(No refrigeration or microwave available, lunches may be purchased from camp headquarters-please see camp headquarters for more details)
|North or South Pavilion|
|12:10 pm||Clean Up
Clean up outside and start moving back to camp headquarters
|12:30 pm||Pool or Library
(Library is weather permitting)
|Summit Aquatic Center or Canton Library|
|2:30 pm||Snack, Reading & Writing
(Please pack a snack daily for your camper)
|Studio B & C|
|3:15 pm||Craft or Gym Games||Studio B or Summit Gym|
|4:15 pm||Camp Canton Clubs||Studio B|
|5 pm||Board games, coloring & small activities||Studio A|
|6 pm||Camp Doors Close
Late fee of $1/minute after 6 pm
|Studio A, B & C|
Discover Brochure: all programs and camps for the Spring/Summer season are listed in our bi-annual Discover Brochure.
Registration will begin online at Cantonfun.org and in-person at the Summit on Saturday, March 12 at 10 am
- Health Appraisal Form - MUST be completed and returned to the Summit on the Park no later than May 15, 2016 in order to be eligible for participation in Camp Canton.
|Week||Field Trip||Field Trip Scheduled||Field Trip Description|
|1||June 20 - 24||Ford Field Tour & Bowling||Tour the home of the Lions & bowl 2 games at Plaza Lanes|
|2||June 27 - July 1||Turtle Cove Water Park||Water park located in Belleville, MI|
|3||July 5 - 8*
No Camp Monday
|Toledo Zoo||Zoo located in Toledo, OH|
|4||July 11 - 15||Rolling Hills Water Park||Water park located in Ypsilanti, MI|
|5||July 18 - 22||Imagination Station||Hands-on & interactive museum in Toledo, OH|
|6||July 25 - 29||Lakeland Aquatic Center||Indoor aquatic center located in White Lake, MI|
|7||August 1 - 5||Pump It Up & Michigan Stadium Tour||90 minutes of bouncing on inflatables & a tour of the Big House|
|8||August 8 - 12||Detroit Zoo||Zoo located in Royal Oak, MI|
|9||August 15 - 19||Michigan Science Center||Interactive exhibits, 4D Engineering Show, and IMAX film|
|10||August 22 - 26||Independence Lake & Park||Beach and playground located in Whitmore Lake, MI|