Become Part of our Absentee Voter List
A State of Michigan Court of Appeals ruling will not allow jurisdictions to
automatically mail registered voters an application for an absentee ballot.
However, MCL 168.759S provides that the clerk "shall furnish an absent ballot
application to anyone upon verbal or written request."
In order to once again be part of this list, we ask that you download the attached response card and mail to the Canton Clerk's office. Mailing information is provided on the response card.
As always, if registered voters have questions, they may contact the clerk's office
You may vote absentee ballot if you:
- Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time the polls are open on election day.
- Are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
- Have been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside.
- Are 60 years of age or older.
- Cannot attend the polls because of confinement in jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
An Absentee Voters Application can be requested by:
Please include your name and return address in your written request to the Canton Clerk's office.
Please return all completed applications to:
Canton Clerk's Office
Attn: Absentee Ballot Application
1150 Canton Center S.
Canton, MI 48188-1699
or place them in the drop box located on the SW corner of the Canton Administration Building.
No one may pick up your absentee ballot other than you unless it is delivered to you by the U.S. Mail. This includes spouses, members of your family and friends.