Board of Trustees Meetings
August 19: Meeting Canceled
August 26: Meeting 7 p.m.
Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
The Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for Tuesday, August 19, 2014, has been canceled.
Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
The next Board of Trustees meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26, 2014, at the Canton Administration Building, First Floor Board Room, 1150 Canton Center Rd. S.
If you plan to attend a meeting, please call 734/394-5185 to confirm the meeting has not been canceled
About the Board of Trustees
Canton Board of Trustees Meetings can be seen on Canton Community Television
Show times: 9:00 p.m. to end (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
Canton Community Television (CCTV) airs on Comcast (Channel 12) and Wide Open West (Channel 10) cable.
You may also request a copy of the shows from Canton Community Television by calling 734/398-5241.
The Board of Trustees is the policy making body for the Charter Township of Canton. The Board meets every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Administration Building unless otherwise posted, in either a study session or regular meeting.
- Study sessions are held to gather information and exchange viewpoints on agenda topics before they become "action items." Residents may participate in these discussions at the Supervisor's discretion; the Supervisor chairs all of the meetings.
- Regular meetings involve discussion and voting on a wide range of issues. Resident participation is a key element to these meetings.
NOTE: If you plan to attend a study session, please call ahead to confirm the meeting has not been canceled: 734/394-5185.
The Board meets under the rules of the Michigan Open Meetings Act, 1976 PA 267. Closed sessions, usually held prior to the meetings, also follow these guidelines. That means meetings are posted in advance and minutes are kept.
Board Meeting Participation Guidelines
- Public Hearing: Once the public hearing is declared open, residents are invited to speak. Afterward, the public hearing is declared closed, and the Board may take action on the item.
- Citizens' comments on agenda items: Residents who wish to comment on a specific action item may do so when the issue is being discussed by the Board.
- Citizens' comments on non-agenda items: Residents who wish to comment on non-agenda items may do so at the beginning of regular meetings.
- Additional public comments: Citizens are given a second opportunity to make any comments at the end of the meeting.
Meeting Participation Code of Courtesy
The Board respects the rights of citizens to participate in the legislative process, and asks that everyone adhere to the following Code of Courtesy:
- Begin your comments by stating your name and address for the record.
- All public comments should provide a point of view, gain information, share a criticism, or express a concern.
- Be considerate of others who wish to speak by limiting your comments to a reasonable length. The Supervisor may impose a three-minute limit on individual comments when deemed necessary.
- At the Supervisor's discretion, the forum portion of the agenda may be limited to 30 minutes
Access to Public Meetings
The Charter Township of Canton will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for hearing impaired and audio tapes of printed materials being considered at the meeting to individuals with disabilities at the meeting/hearing upon two weeks notice to the Charter Township of Canton. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the Charter Township of Canton by writing or calling the following: Gwyn Belcher, ADA Coordinator Charter Township of Canton 1150 S. Canton Center, Canton, MI 48188 734/394-5100.