Canton Road Construction update
All Canton Road Improvement Projects are funded by a road millage passed in 2018. Canton began repairs to the roads in our community in 2019 using the funding from the approved Road Millage. The intent of the Canton Road Improvement Program is to provide flexibility year-to-year to match revenues from the millage to the prioritize projects. To view a list of completed millage projects, click here Version OptionsCanton Road Construction updateHeadline
Canton Road Improvement Projects
Updated May 26, 2022
2022 Primary Roads:
- Canton Center Road (Ford - Warren): Full reconstruction of northbound and southbound lanes. This is a large project that will being in early spring and continue until fall. Construction will be done in three phases: Phase one construction began on April 18 and is anticipated to last 2-3 months. During Phase 1, the center three lanes will be closed with the outside lanes used to maintain one lane of traffic in each direction. During Phase 1 left-turns will be prohibited.
Warren Road (Haggerty - Lilley): Base repair and resurfacing.
2022 Local Subdivision Match Projects:
- Cobblestone Ridge
- Sierra Heights
- Buckingham Place
- Willow Creek
- Glengarry Village #1
- Huntington Place #2
- Kimberly Meadows
- Fox Run
- Savannah Pointe
- Parkview Estates Phase 2
- Sunflower Village
- Fairways West
- Pickwick Village
What about the potholes?
Funds generated from the road millage will not be going toward routine County or State maintenance activities (i.e. the filling of potholes, snowplowing, etc.). That work will continue to be done by Wayne County. The millage funds will be used for very specific capital projects.
2022 Wayne County Projects:
PLEASE NOTE: Any and all information will be published as soon as the County makes it available. These projects are subject to change and all questions should be directed to Wayne County by calling 313/224-7600.
- Cherry Hill Bridge Project: Wayne County will be replacing the bridge. Construction is anticipated to restart on Monday, June 6, 2022. This will be a lengthy project with Cherry Hill closed between Napier and Ridge for a considerable amount of time. Weather permitting, Wayne County anticipates all lanes of traffic to reopen on October 6, 2022 with all work completed by November 15, 2022. Please direct all questions to Wayne County at 313/224-7600.
- Saltz/Denton/Ridge Traffic Signal: Signal is currently under design and will be installed sometime this year. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Beck Road (Ford - Warren): Resurfacing.
2022 MDOT PROJECTS:
- Revive 275: Project will include both building and improvement activities along 23.5 miles of I-275 including guardrail replacement, signal upgrades, signs, pavement markings, bridge work on 62 structures, including deck patching, epoxy overlay, deep overlay, railing patching, and curb rebuilding, deck joint and pier replacement, resealing, substructure patching, slope protection repairs, rocker alignment, steel repairs, partial painting, concrete surface coating, and approaches. This is a LARGE scale project so MDOT has developed website at https://revive275.org/. PLEASE NOTE: MDOT plans to close southbound I-275 from I-96/M-14 to I-94 starting Friday, June 3rd at 7PM through Monday, June 6th at 5AM.
- Ford Road Boulevard: The Ford Road Boulevard project is also moving forward. MDOT has awarded the contract to for the Design Consultant. MDOT held a public meeting on the project on April 26, to view the meeting visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Yp4i3ASt0 youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link . For more information on this project please visit https://fordroadblvd.com/
For up-to-date road information please follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/CantonMSD or Twitter at Twitter.com/CantonMSD.
Calculate Your Estimated Additional Cost
To determine your estimated additional cost of this Road Millage, multiply your home's taxable value by .0014097.
Enter your home's taxable value: $