About the Park The Canton Dog Park located on Denton Road, just north of Cherry Hill, is currently available to Dog Park members year-round 6 am-10 pm weather permitting.
The Park has six-acres of fenced-in, outdoor space for dogs to run and play off-leash, with specific rules to help insure a safe and positive experience for everyone. The park is divided into a large dog section for animals over 20 pounds, and small dog section for animals under 20 pounds. Owners are reminded to be vigilant when at the dog park, actively watching their dogs at all times.
Dog Park Improvements
Canton Parks staff is continually looking for ways to enhance the Canton Dog Park to create an optimal outdoor experience for you and your family pet.
For updates, contact the Canton Parks Office at 734/394-5310.
Dog Park Reminders
With the temperatures getting colder, it's great to still see so many Dog Park members visiting the park. The mission of the Canton Dog Park is to provide a safe, fenced-in environment where dog owners can let their dogs run and play off-leash. Dog Park members are required to abide by the rules posted at the entrance gate in order to maintain the safety and well-being of all dog park users. Please note the following reminders:
- Dog owners must clean up after their dog(s) and dispose of waste properly.
- Dog owners must be in control of their dog(s) at all time and are asked to monitor and correct their dog's aggressive behavior. If your dog is displaying aggressive behavior, please remove them from the area immediately.
- Dog Park members must use their own key fob to enter the park. Members should not swipe in other individuals nor open the gate to provide access to other members. Please remember that only registered Dog Park members are allowed inside the park.
Memberships, Dog Licenses, and Rules
Memberships can be purchased through the Township Clerk's Office. New Applicants to the Canton Dog Park must submit License Form and Dog Park Waiver to qualify for registration.
- Dog license form / dog park application available in the Clerk's Office. Please note, in order to license a dog, a valid and current certificate of vaccination for rabies and DHLPP (Distemper) must be provided, signed by an accredited veterinarian.
- Dog park rules and regulation
Dog Park & Dog License Renewals
All dog licenses and permits expired on December 31st of the year issued. In order to license a dog or a dog park membership, a valid and current certificate of vaccination for rabies and DHLPP (Distemper) must be provided, signed by an accredited veterinarian.
Application can be made in person during business hours or by downloading the forms and mailing documentation and fees to Canton Clerk Office, 1150 South Canton Center Rd., Canton MI. 48188. Attention: Dog License.
Dog Park Membership Fees
- Please refer to the Clerk's Office for current Dog Park and Dog License Fees.
- Requires a current dog license for each animal.
- Vaccinations required: current Rabies, DHLPP.
- Bordetella vaccination not required but encouraged.
Canton Dog Park Electronic Gate Access Update
The electronic gate entry system at the Canton Dog Park is currently in operation. Just a reminder that all members will need to use their key fobs to enter and exit the park. Look for the big red arrows that designate where to swipe your key fob.
Key Fobs are currently available at the Clerk's Office with Dog Park memberships and renewals. A refundable key fob security deposit will be collected at time of registration and returned when membership is discontinued and the key fob is returned. Only one key fob per household will be issued.
For more information, please contact the parks office at 734/394-5310.
Become a Sponsor
Donations can be submitted to:
Canton Parks Division
1150 Canton Center Road S.
Canton, MI 48188
Call the Canton Parks Division at 734/394-5310.
Dog Licenses and Rules
A Dog Park membership is required to use the Dog Park. Memberships can be purchased through the Township Clerk's Office. New Applicants to the Canton Dog Park must submit License Form and Dog Park Waiver to qualify for registration. All memberships must be renewed annually.
Canton Dog Park Events
2019 BARK IN THE PARK
May 19, 11am - 1pm
Canton Dog Park, Denton Road
Dog owners and their pets are encouraged to attend “Bark in the Park.” Participants along with their four-legged friends can enjoy live entertainment, purchase merchandise, and receive free give-a-ways from local pet supply and service vendors. Both members of the Dog Park and non-members are encouraged to let their dogs experience this off-leash dog park during the event. This special event is designed to give pet owners the opportunity to learn about the Canton Dog Park, meet other pet owners, and give dogs the opportunity to become more socialized. *Note non-dog park members must show proof of up-to date vaccination for rabies and DHLPP, signed by an accredited veterinarian. No Pre-Registration required.