Aquatic Center Update Spring 2021:
The Summit on the Park’s Aquatic Center has re-opened to the public.
Please note that the Aquatic Center is currently operating at a limited capacity until further notice, per CDC and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services guidelines
Reservations are currently being accepted online at https://secure.rec1.com/MI/canton-leisure-services/catalog/index?filter=c2VhcmNoPWxhcCtsYW5lJnJlbnRhbCU1QmZyb20lNUQ9JnJlbnRhbCU1QnRvJTVEPQ== to utilize the Summit Aquatic Center’s lap lanes at limited capacities.
Please note the following guidelines that detail what to expect during lap swim:
- Lap lane reservations can be made as early as seven (7) days in advance and as late as one hour in advance, based on availability.
- To use the lap lane, you must have an active membership or purchase a daily visitor pass.
- Lap lanes can be reserved for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of one hour per day per guest.
- Maximum of 1 person per lane/reservation.
- All swimmers' names must be provided to the front desk upon check-in.
- Reservations will be forfeited if not present 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- To cancel your reservation, please call the Front Desk at 734/394-5460.
- Lap swimming hours are subject to change based on staffing levels.
- The Aquatic Center will close 30 minutes prior to the facility closing each day.
- The Therapy Spa remains closed at this time.
- Future updates will include Open Swim hours, Parent-Child Swim, River Walking, and Swim Lessons.
- As more information becomes available, these guidelines are subject to change.
For additional information, contact the Summit on the Park front desk at 734/394-5460
The Aquatic Center is a fun-filled water environment for people of all ages! The Aquatic Center features a:
- 5-lane, 25-yard lap pool (lanes range from 3 feet to 5 feet in depth)
- Lazy river and water slide
- Sauna room
- Steam room
- Zero-depth leisure pool with play features such as a 30 inch water slide
Aquatic Center Activities
The Aquatic Center is open approximately 100 hours per week for activities such as lap swimming, fitness classes, swimming lessons, and open swim. We offer everything from parent/child aquatic exploration to adult swim and fitness programs.
Aquatic Fitness Classes
The Summit on the Park offers a variety of aquatic fitness classes in both the lazy river and the lap pool. Classes include:
- Aqua Tone
- Aqua Kickbox
- Gentle Aqua
- Intermediate River Blast
- At least one lane will be open during all times that the aquatic center is open.
- Lap lanes can accommodate several swimmers and lane sharing is expected; please circle swim counterclockwise.
- Lap swimmers are required to swim continuous laps and cannot stop or stand in the lanes. Lifejackets and fitness equipment are not permitted in the lap pool; fins and hand paddles are permitted when there are no more than 2 people in a lane.
- It is recommended that guests wishing to swim laps come during lap swim only.
- During Lap Swim times guests must be at least 12 years old and will be expected to swim continuous laps. However if the child can pass a swim test they can remain lap swimming as long as the parent stays poolside.
Parent Tot Swim
- Modified sessions are the best times for parents with small children ages 5 and under, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pools.
- The lap and leisure pools are usually open although classes may be conducted there.
- The water slide and lazy river will not be open and the features will not be on during any swim or fitness classes.
- All pools including the water slide, lazy river and leisure pool will be used for open swim activities.
- Under certain circumstances (such as slow times or staff shortages) the aquatic staff will alternate opening the slide and lazy river.
- The lazy river is open for River Walking ONLY.
- No equipment or instructor is used. Walking will be in one direction only, as directed by the lifeguard on duty.
- For the safety of all guests, every 15 minutes lifeguards will direct participants to change walking directions.
- We strongly encourage guests to wear aqua shoes or white socks.
- River is approximately 60 yards around: 32 laps is one mile.