Canton Leisure Services has your family in mind as we create fun and educational programs in our Youth and Special Interest Classes! All our youth programs are run by qualified instructors, whose love of teaching and passion for their subjects shines through, making your child's experience memorable, impactful and fun!
For more information about activities for youth visit the B.L.O.C.K. Youth and Teen Center.
UPCOMING Youth PROGRAMS
In-Person Programs and Classes
- February 5 and 6, 2021
- Mini Dance and Souvenir Box or just purchase the Souvenir Box.
Virtual Programs and Classes: Pre-registration required
- Monday Nights
- Program suitable for kids and adults
- Multiple class options
- Classes available for Preschool, Youth, Middle School, High School and Adult
- Mission Control Gaming App download app to play, select 'Canton Leisure Sports'
- PS4, Xbox, Switch and PC
- $10 per league (6 week league play with 1 week tournament)
- Rocket League, Mario Kart, NBA2K21, Super Smash Bros and more!
- Cheer and Gymnastics classes available
- Ages 3-5 and 6-9
- Sculpture, Drawing and other art classes available
- Self-Defense for Adults, Self-Defense for Kids, Crime Prevention, Babysitter Training, Pet Sitter Training
- Beginner and Intermediate Classses Available
- Ages 7+
- Challenge Island's all new STEAM based program will allow you to experience different careers through a fun, interactive program.
- Ages 6-10
- Movie Making I and II, Scratch/Python I and II Programming classes available
- Ages 6-12
VIRTUAL FITNESS CLASSES ages 12+
- Over 25 virtual fitness classes each week, including: Yoga, BEST of Health, Zumba, Strictly Strength, Step, Interval Training and more!
- Included in Summit Membership or purchase a Virtual Fitness Pass
- Free equipment rental available to member and pass holders. Visit the Summit on the Park to rent steps, weights, bosu balls, and other equipment.
- Daily Programs offered virtually and in-person (when allowed)
- Tutoring, art guild, lunch and learn, Friday parties, mental health programs, Transpire, summer camps, after-school services and more!
- Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Charity Runs and more
Registration: program registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
Inclement Weather Policy
If the Plymouth/Canton School District closes due to inclement weather during the school year (typically due to winter weather conditions), all Leisure Services Department programs/classes held prior to 4:00 pm will be canceled. For Leisure Services programs/classes that begin after 4:00 pm a determination to cancel will be made no later than 2:00 pm that day.
Leisure Services strives to offer inclusive recreation opportunities for all participants. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation or to request that a form/information be made available in an alternative format (email, large print, braille, audible or other) please contact our Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.