Canton Leisure Services has enacted the following programming modifications in response to the latest mandates from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) “Pause to Save Lives” Order. Please be advised that these changes will go into effect starting Wednesday, November 18, 2020, and will directly impact the following Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, and services:
- The Summit on the Park Fitness Center, located at 46000 Summit Parkway, will continue to remain open. Summit staff has relocated all of its strength equipment throughout the facility, in order to allow for the mandated safe distancing protocols. In addition, all Summit on the Park group fitness classes have transitioned to "Stay Fit, Stay Home, Stay Virtual" classes. These online classes are slated to kick off on Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Choose from a variety of sessions, including: Yoga, Strength-Based classes, Zumba, Step, BEST (senior-focused classes), and more - all taught by the Summit's Group Fitness Instructors via Zoom. Summit members will have complete access to all virtual group fitness classes free of charge as part of their current Summit membership. Canton Residents and Non-Residents can purchase a three-week virtual membership package, which will provide unlimited access to all of the Summit on the Park's virtual fitness classes. Fees for the “Stay Fit, Stay Home, Stay Virtual Membership” are $20 for Canton Residents and $25 for Non-Residents. Registration is required for all of these classes, which will provide Zoom link and class password. For details, visit www.summitonthepark.org.
- Starting Monday, November 30, 2020, the Summit on the Park will have NEW individual, indoor workout rooms available for rent. These rooms will provide an individual, couple, or family the opportunity to work out in the comfort of their own space (couples or families must be living in the same household). Each room will include a treadmill, elliptical machine, and access to weights and other strength equipment. Rooms can be rented for: $20 per hour by Summit Members; $25 per hour by Canton Residents; and $30 per hour by Non-Residents. Masks are not required for use while in these individual rooms; however, they are required when entering and exiting the Summit. Each room and all equipment contained inside will be sanitized after each session.
- Launching this December, the Summit on the Park is partnering with Mission Control to offer the Canton community digital recreation esports. Participants of all ages can put their skills to the test in this eSports Rec League and show everyone who is the best! Play on PS4, Xbox, Switch, and PC and compete against your friends. Fees are just $10 per league for a seven-week regular season (five-week regular season plus two-week playoff). Competitive leagues for Rocket League, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros will begin the first week of December, with registration ending on November 29 at 8 p.m. eSports sign up is easy! Just download the Mission Control GG app on your smartphone; select ‘Canton Leisure Sports’ as the organization; and join the eSports Rec League.
- Canton Club 55+ is currently offering programs that can be enjoyed virtually, on a computer, or over the phone. In addition, several outdoor programs may be available; weather permitting. These exciting new programs will focus on keeping individuals engaged, connected, and safe. Watch for programs to be rolled out over the next few weeks. Find additional details on the Canton Club 55+ Facebook page. Seniors in need of a resource or those with questions may contact the Club 55+ staff Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. by calling 734/394-5485 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The B.L.O.C.K. Youth and Teen Center will keep your teens engaged during these challenging times with virtual online drop-in classes. Choose from: art, tutoring, fitness, cooking, mental health programs, as well as enrichment courses such as soap making and crocheting. Learn more online at www.cantonfun.org/146.
- Canton Therapeutic Recreation program will continue to offer participants opportunities to remain social with their peers with live-streamed fitness classes, as well as virtual games, crafts, cooking, and more! For more details about program offerings, please email TR@Canton-mi.org or visit www.cantonfun.org/135.
- Looking to get your kids moving? Hoping to learn a new skill? Check out Canton Leisure Services' virtual offerings to learn how to code, get certified to babysit, learn to tumble, finetune cheer skills, elevate the heart rate with Zumba, or build character and discipline with Karate. For more info, please visit www.cantonfun.org.
- Pheasant Run Golf Club, located at 46500 Summit Parkway, remains open (weather permitting) and will continue to operate in adherence to MDHHS orders.
- Individual family experiences such as Canton’s 18th Annual Virtual Turkey Trot for a Cause, as well as Santa Letters and all Winter Wonderland Walks, will be held as previously scheduled.
As always, Canton is committed to helping contain the spread of COVID-19 and, as a result, the safety of Canton Leisure Services program participants and staff remains a top priority. For the most up-to-date information on program modifications, visit www.cantonfun.org or call 734/394-5460.